NEW This Year: BKOC Arrival
6:00 a.m. | Alliant Energy Center opens – no access prior
6:00a.m | Begin Checking Health Papers & Assigning Stalling BEFORE Unloading
For biosecurity reasons, stalling will be assigned at a first-come, first-serve basis. All health papers for out-of-state animals will be checked at this time. You will not be allowed to unload until you have checked in with BKOC staff.
- The Badger Kick-Off Classic (BKOC) is an open show.
- All out-of-state cattle must present health papers meeting Wisconsin import requirements prior to unloading.
- For biosecurity reasons, stalling will be ASSIGNED at a first-come, first-serve basis. All health papers for out-of-state animals will be checked at this time.
- Electrical power is limited; we encourage the use of generators. The Alliant Energy Center is subject to inspection by City of Madison fire marshals. Generators and propane heaters are not permitted inside the barns.
- Pre-entries ($50) are due postmarked November 24, 2016. Day of entries will be $75. All entries are non-refundable. No entries will be accepted without entry fees and signed release of liability forms for each exhibitor.
- The University of Wisconsin-Madison Saddle & Sirloin Club and its affiliates are not liable for any accidents that occur. All exhibitors must sign a release of liability form.
- The University of Wisconsin-Madison Saddle & Sirloin Club and show management reserve the right to interpret and mandate rules as needed.
- Registration ends at 9:30 a.m. on Saturday, December 3. All animals must be checked in at this time.
- Junior showmanship is open to all youth ages 8-21 as of January 1, 2016. Showmanship registration will take place during check-in.
- Facilities will include heated wash racks and show ring.
- No bedding is provided or available on grounds. BKOC staff suggest exhibitors use bark or shavings, but it is not required.
- Chutes are not permitted in the barns until registration is complete.
- BKOC staff reserve the right to cut tack space if needed. No crock pots are permitted in the barns.
- Exhibitors may not utilize buildings or facilities on the Alliant Energy Center not open for the Badger Kick-Off Classic.
- Eight head are required to maintain a breed division. If there are not eight animals present of a particular breed, the animals will show in the Any Other Breed division. If there are not eight head present in the market heifer division, the animals will show in the crossbred steer division.
- Steer and market heifers may have a bill of sale stating the breed. A bill of sale will not be accepted for breeding heifers.
- Low percentage classes will be assigned for breeding heifers if there are eight head entered. Papered percentage animals will show as a percentage animal, not as a purebred (i.e., purebred Simmental and Low Percentage Simmental will not show together). Steer classes will be based on what the breed association recognizes.
- Heifers may show as either a market heifer or as a breeding heifer, but not both.
- Animals may only go through the chute one time. Please have all paperwork prepared prior to bringing your animal to registration.
- Registered heifers will be shown by breed and age.
- Commercial heifers will be shown by weight.
- Original or breed association duplicate registration papers are required for breed heifers. Faxed copies will be accepted, however a fax machine is not available on the grounds.
- Heifers must be born on or after September 1, 2015.
Market Animal Rules
- Steers will be shown by breed and weight. Market heifers will be shown as one breed and by weight.
- You must provide an original registration paper, a breed association duplicate copy or a bill of sale in order to show in a breed class. Faxed copies will be accepted, however a fax machine is not available on the grounds.
- Steers and market heifers must be born on or after January 1, 2016.
Registration papers must match the animal’s tattoo, and not necessarily the exhibitor or farm name. If the tattoo cannot be read by BKOC staff, the animal may not be eligible to show in the the breed classes. There will be an on-site location to look-up registration numbers and pedigree information. The Badger Kick-Off Classic will charge a fee of $5 per head for pedigree look-up.